Key Account Manager
Too Good To Go is the world's number 1 app for fighting food waste. Why do we need to do that? Because 1/3 of the food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet, 8% of greenhouse gas emissions come from food waste!
Our app has more than 17 million users across Europe, but we’re more than an app. Our mission is to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste, so we’re doing all we can to create educational tools, make our knowledge as accessible as possible, find new business solutions and even change legislation to reduce food waste.
We’re growing fast with 13 countries currently active and more coming and we’ve just been named “Europe’s hottest startup 2019”. But here’s what really matters: through our app, we’ve saved over 24 million meals from the bin - that’s more than 60 thousand tons of CO2 saved!
We’re proud of what we’ve achieved so far, but did we mention the issue is huge? So next up, we have big plans to kick off operations in Portugal, and are building our team there as we speak. And we want YOU to be part of this amazing adventure.
Growing supply - increasing the number of partners saving meals on Too Good To Go is one of the most important parts of the business. We need an AWESOME Key Account Manager to make sure that no more meals end up in the bin.
Do you think you have what it takes to be a super-strong Key Account Manager? We certainly hope so.
Reporting directly to our Portuguese Country Manager, and working closely with the the global team, you will join the Portuguese team to live our mission, save food on a huge scale, help our planet and become part of our tribe of 420+ waste warriors around Europe.
You will be pivotal in driving acquisition and development of key partnerships with large food chains and hotels.
Be ready, this is an adventure : tough but exciting!
- Proactively acquire and manage key accounts from lead generation to roll-out; ensuring the relationship is strong and business KPIs are met.
- Anticipate your accounts’ needs and requirements - there’s no challenge you haven’t already thought of.
- Finding new business and opportunities and mapping accounts organisational hierarchy to create an account stakeholder matrix and planning guide.
- Winning new businesses and growing existing accounts to achieve business targets set. Proving the business case with pilots and working with the client to define success metrics with the objective of rolling out.
- On-boarding and training of new stores or hotel groups in an efficient and scalable way, working with store-level contacts and senior stakeholders.
- Project managing an entire roll-out plan while liaising with the team and customer on the most efficient methods to do this.
- Forecasting financial and new customer projections for new chains.
- Acting as the face of the account and collaborating with other internal departments within Too Good To Go.
- Proven experience as Key Account Manager in the HORECA industry (track record either with hotels or large food chains).
- Solid sales experience in B2B environment (3+ years).
- Able to speak to stakeholders at varying levels in an organisation, tailoring your key message and being able to listen to the needs of their business.
- Project Management skills: able to create implementation plans for large roll-outs across complex organisations.
- Ability to lead negotiations and create and deliver high impact pitches. Excellent commercial acumen.
- On a mission to save more meals globally, and constantly seek opportunities to grow the account in all countries.
- High attention to detail and ability to work independently and efficiently on tasks, escalating when needed.
- You have a high-energy, honesty, efficiency and result-oriented working style.
- A good network within the food industry (real bonus!)
- You are a native-level Portuguese and top of the class English speaker. All the communication in the global team will be in English
- A true passion for sustainability and fighting food waste is a MUST - you know the urgency of change and action for the planet.
- You’re creative, always full of ideas to implement new things.
- You’re resourceful, always able to find another way to achieve your objective in the most efficient way.
- You’re growth-minded, always seeking a step further and eager to make yourself and people grow.
- You only see solutions and not problems.
What do we offer?
- To be part of an exciting scale-up with a strong mission, full of passion and with the ambition to change the world (and yeah, we mean that last part as well!)
- The experience of being part of a great team, local and international, working closely across functions and countries.
- Independence and influence with on a high professional level and being close to the decision making.
- Space to develop your ideas and your career in a multicultural team, in a fast -growth company.
- Central location in Lisbon.
- A unique, challenging and fun place to work.
How to apply?
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please read this job advert carefully. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go
- The deadline is “the sooner the better”. We are interviewing as we speak
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or direct messaging on Linkedin!