Associate Legal Counsel
1/3 of the food produced in the world is wasted. We are on a mission to fix that.
Too Good To Go is the world's number 1 app for fighting food waste. We reduce food waste by making surplus food from any food store available to citizens. The magic of Too Good To Go has been spreading rapidly across Europe, with over 11 million meals saved in 10 countries to date (and counting!).
We have big plans to grow rapidly and build an always stronger and bigger team of the most engaged and talented Waste Warriors.
We are looking for an Associate Legal Counsel to join Too Good To Go´s founding office in Copenhagen and to support our 250+ Waste Warriors across Europe. You will report to the General Counsel also based in Copenhagen.
This is a rare chance to support a dynamic business in hyper-growth. Working closely with global management, the ideal candidate will be able to further develop their commercial acumen and work on an important mission.
Responsibilities will include:
- Full responsibility for all aspects relating to HR (employment and labour law), including:
- Prepare, develop and review employment contracts in cooperation with People & Culture to ensure compliance in all countries
- Work with People & Culture to ensure compliance in HR policies and employee handbook
- Support regarding general questions related to employment law across countries
- Further responsibilities, under the guidance of the General Counsel, will include, but are not limited to:
- Setting up a review process of all contracts in all of our 10 countries
- Assisting in the coordination of local attorneys across all countries to manage local projects and cost
- Assisting in the process of continuing compliance with GDPR
- Handling our domains and trademarks
- Reviewing of contracts for all our 9 companies
Your skills should include:
- Legal background such as cand.jur. or cand.merc.jur
- 2 - 4 years of general counseling experience in a business environment or law firm
- Experience with employment law
- Full professional proficiency in English, additional European languages are a plus
- Ability to prioritise tasks effectively and efficiently
- Passion about saving the world and building a great business to do so
What do we offer?
- A rare chance to develop your profile as a business lawyer for a young company in hyper-growth
- A chance to develop in-depth expertise in a variety of topics: for example, GDPR, company law, working with a food tech app... the sky's the limit!
- Space to develop your ideas and your career in an international environment
- Autonomy and proximity to our global management team
- Being part of a company with a strong mission, full of passion and with the ambition to change the world
How to apply?
Upload your CV and a Cover Letter in English. We are hopefully reading the resumes of our future colleagues, and we want to make sure you're a perfect fit. So make sure you tell us everything you can about yourself and how great you are!
The deadline is “the sooner the better” - we are screening applications on a rolling basis and will close the position once we found the right person - don’t lose out, apply as soon as possible!