Product Manager, Retail Tech
At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious goal: to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together.
The Retail Technologies teams at Too Good To Go are working on our new software solution, the Too Good To Go Platform, used directly by Retailers to track and redistribute surplus food seamlessly. This B2B app, connected to our consumer marketplace, helps stores better manage expiry dates by; detecting products that are about to expire, recommending what to do with them, and facilitating their redistribution (via discounting for in-store customers, donations to charities, or sales on the marketplace). This business app is already used by tens of thousands of store employees every day, and soon to be hundreds of thousands by the end of the year in several countries.
We’re more than an app: we are a certified B Corporation with a mission to empower everyone to take action against food waste, so alongside our marketplace app, we create educational tools, explore new business solutions - such as our Retail Technologies offering, and influence legislation to help reduce food waste.
We’re growing fast: Our community of 81 million registered users and 197,000 active partners across 17 countries, have together already prevented 270+ million meals from going to waste - avoiding over 675,000 tonnes of CO2e!
As part of the Retail Technologies team, you will be the link between the Too Good To Go Tech ecosystem and the rest of the organisation. You will have to ensure that our products and services answer our Key Account Partners’ needs in the best possible way. Your focus will be to collaborate with Key Account Managers in piloting and rolling out the Too Good To Go Platform (i.e. our business-facing solutions); to collect needs from HQ and shop floor to help prioritise the product roadmap; to engage third-party players (in particular other retail software editors) to develop integrated solutions.
- Familiarise yourself with the product portfolio to become an expert able to support the rest of the organisation
- Understand the HQs’ and stores’ needs by regularly visiting shop floors or by attending meetings with project leaders in HQs
- Assist the Key Account Managers in the commercial and technical preparation of pilots and roll-outs, particularly when integrations with Third- Party systems are required
- Engage third-party vendors of the retail industry to build integrations reinforcing our product offering and our product commercialisation
- Define integration priorities together with the Strategy team
- Communicate to the Retail Technologies engineers the technical specifications to allow those integrations
- Keep track of retail innovations to get inspiration
- Experience in a Product Manager position
- Experience in project management with multiple stakeholders
- Capacity to communicate with both technical and non-technical teams with ease
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English, fluent in written and spoken French
- Previous experience at a global business management software company or within a Food retailer is a plus
What we offer
- An opportunity to have a huge impact, knowing what you help design will be used daily by hundreds of thousands of store employees daily, enabling them to save millions of food items per day.
- To be an integral member of our defined product teams. We are eager for you to make an impact and contribute to the product scope and development; Your insights are valuable, and we are here to listen.
- Work-life balance is important to us! Focus on the job to be done, not the hours spent, there is no need for overtime. On-call duty is not part of the job, but can be additionally agreed upon should you and your manager both wish it. We believe happy environments, create happy employees.
- We trust in our employees and encourage an autonomous environment that provides several opportunities for employees to contribute, develop and take ownership of their work in a way that works for them.
- To be part of an international company, with over 1,200+ colleagues across 17 countries that are on the same important mission. We are a fun bunch of ~100 colleagues in the Paris office.
- We work from the office on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays
- We win together: Food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we win together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
- We raise the bar: We always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another.
- We keep it simple: Our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple.
- We build a legacy: We’re proud of the change we’re driving.
- We care: We always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
Job Ref: #LI-TC1