Sales Specialist (French speaking) (He/She/They) - Fulltime
At Too Good To Go, we dream of a planet with no food waste.
Imagine if there was something we could all change today that would reduce global warming by 8%. That’s how much food waste contributes to the climate crisis, and yet we continue to waste one third of all the food produced in Europe.
We’re on a mission to change this and are rapidly expanding in Belgium. Our app connecting businesses with unsold food, and consumers willing to buy at a discounted rate has grown exponentially since 2016 to become the biggest in Europe, with over 45 million users, and more than 94 million meals saved.
We’re proud of what we’ve achieved so far, and we are just at the start of the journey at our social impact company!
Sounds like your kind of mission, but what will it entail?
As a Business Developer, you’ll identify potential partners and connect with the best food businesses (restaurants, butchers, bakeries, supermarkets and many more). Every week, you will either jump on your bike, on the bus or on the train to go and convince new potential partners to join the food waste movement, or work from our awesome office in Ghent (which is just a 10-minute walk from the Sint-Pieters station) and onboard new partners on the phone.
You’ll represent and pitch Too Good To Go with clarity and passion, and show the food business owners you encounter how Too Good To Go is a win-win-win solution. You will train the partners you’ve brought on board and make sure they become top ambassadors of the food waste movement!
Are you the Food Heroes we’re looking for?
- You’re fluent in French and you are strong in English. The more languages you speak, the better! It’s a plus!
- You have experience or a strong interest in sales and/or business development
- You're a terrific talker (and a better listener)
- Perseverance is your middle name: once you’ve started working on an opportunity, you won’t stop until it is qualified and converted to a yes. Rather than sitting and waiting to see what happens, you take the bull by the horns and don’t take rejection personally.
- You jump on the opportunity to go knock on doors and pay a visit to potential new partners
- You have zero fear of the phone and have the tenacity to keep trying when things get tough
- You’re eager to learn about new ways of doing sales and other soft skills
- You’re a team player! You like to take care of your team and get inspired and motivated by your team members
- You are passionate about fighting food waste and a sustainable lifestyle
- Driver license required in case of traveling to possible new independent partners in Belgium
We win together: food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Food Heroes with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
We raise the bar: we always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another.
We keep it simple: our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple.
We build a legacy: we’re proud of the change we’re driving.
We care: we always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
If you still need more convincing…
- A unique opportunity to work in a social impact organization (and certified B Corporation) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- The experience of being part of an international company with +1.200 enthusiastic and highly talented Food Heroes across 17 countries (and counting) – always ready to share knowledge and support.
- Strong personal as well as professional development in an intense and high growth scale-up environment.
- An open company culture where you have the independence and room to unleash your potential
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.
We look forward to getting to know you!
Too Good To Go has set itself the goal of being a human, economic and socially sustainable company. Therefore, we are already a certified B-Corp organization. We are constantly working to strengthen diversity at our company. All applicants are considered for employment regardless of religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability status. We actively encourage anyone who self-identifies as a member of one of these groups to apply.
What we offer
Another bulleted list felt redundant, so we wrote this really long sentence with all the ways we sweeten the deal to work with us, like providing flexible ways of working, great and sustainable benefits with medical & travel coverages, genuinely great co-workers who want to see Too Good To Go and each other succeed, we also focus on your personal & professional growth a lot, a scale up vibe with an established company mission, but most importantly, you’ll have the chance to do something that really matters - every day!
Apply in English with your CV and a motivation letter that tells us why we shouldn't want to live without you for a second longer!
Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.