City Manager - Rome
1/3 of the food produced in the world is wasted. We are on a mission to fix that.
Too Good To Go is a mobile app which reduces food waste by making surplus food from cafes, restaurants and supermarkets available to users. Our users purchase food through the app, collect locally and enjoy knowing they are saving food, money - and the planet!
Too Good To Go is scaling fast across Europe (we are in 10 countries already) with over 11M meals saved to date (that is over 20000 tonnes of CO2 emissions saved!). We have big, big plans and we want you to be part of them. We are now building our Italian team and looking for hardworking, hungry sales people to come and join our Waste Warrior tribe.
Reporting directly to our Country Manager, you will join the Italian management team to accomplish this ambitious mission and also become part of our Food Hero tribe of 270+ employees around Europe.
Be ready, this is an adventure : tough but exciting!!
- Build and develop the sales team: training, coaching and pushing for peak performance. But overall: being with your team directly on the field
- Set up and expand sales and partnerships with national and international chains in Italy working closely with international sales teams, the Country Manager and the Key Account Manager
- Structure and strategy
- Map the market : identify and prioritize the market depending the potential and development of opportunities
- Develop sales strategy : key accounts or independents ? how do we approach them in the smartest way?
- Work closely with Marketing and Success to develop a coherent sales strategy
- Day to day team management, running weekly/monthly meeting
- Develop news ways of challenges and incentives to drive performance
- Build a productive, efficient and autonomous sales team
- Conduct regular 121’s and always getting the best out of your team but also takes the team feedback as an opportunity to improve! No one is perfect :)
- A true passion for sustainability and fighting food waste is a MUST - you know the urgency of change and action for the planet
- You’re creative, always full of ideas to implement new things
- You’re resourceful, always able to find another way to achieve your objective in the most efficient way
- You’re growth-minded, always seeking a step further and eager to make yourself and people grow
- You only see solutions and not problems
Working skills :
- +2 years of experience in manager position, preferably in a fast-paced, high-growth business
- Strong sales experience and experience in leading sales teams - 5+ years
- Technology is in your DNA. Experience in Start-ups is a plus
- You have a high-energy, honesty, efficiency and result-oriented working style
- You are a fast learner and can quickly be operational on your missions.
- You like to work in a chaotic environment at high speed
- You can adapt to any kind of person and character and have good negotiation skills
- You know how to deeply understand a partner needs, motivation and brakes
- You are proactive and have good relationship skills
- You can turn a project into a priority for anyone even if it’s not
- You are a top of the class English speaker. All the communication in the global team will be in English
- Hands on experience on sales engines and marketplaces
- A good network within the food industry/restaurant industry (real bonus!)
- You love to work in a international environment
Management skills :
- You’re the kind of inspiring leader people want to follow.
- You know how to make your team hungry and smash targets.
- You have brilliant communication skills and the ability to translate ideas into actions and measurable objectives.
- You have good interpersonal skills & a good sense of diplomacy.
- You’re independent, an amazing organiser, know how to efficiently prioritise tasks and how to handle several projects at a time.
- You are able to recognize and cultivate the potential in others.
- You know that with great power comes great responsibility: you are the voice of the company in front of your team. You are also able to take tough decisions when needed.
- You’re a real Waste Warrior, always up for the wellbeing of the cause and the company.
- You’re not afraid to commit yourself to infinity and beyond!!
- Your future is in Too Good To Go and you know it.
- You trust your team and your team can trust you.
What do we offer?
- Superb (and rare!) opportunity to join a fast scaling pan-European start up with a very real environmental and social impact
- The chance to do something that really matters - every day. Every single partner you bring on board saves meals from going to waste. Bellies not bins!
- Work with and learn from a smart, fun team of highly passionate and dedicated people from around the world who love food and hate waste
- Building the Italian market starting from 0: nothing exists today, a wonderful network will inspire tomorrow future generations
- Basically…a mission more than a job :)