Global Head of Legal
1/3 of the food produced in the world is wasted. We are on a mission to fix that.
Too Good To Go is the world's number 1 app for fighting food waste. We reduce food waste by making surplus food from any food store available to citizens. The magic of Too Good To Go has been spreading rapidly across Europe, with over 13 million meals saved in 11 countries to date (and counting!).
We have big plans to continue to grow rapidly and build an always stronger and bigger team of the most engaged and talented Waste Warriors. We have a strong track record and has just been appointed as “Hottest young company in Europe”.
We are looking for a Global Head of Legal to join Too Good To Go´s founding office in Copenhagen and to support our almost 300 Waste Warriors across Europe. You will report to the CEO also based in Copenhagen.
This is a rare chance to support a dynamic business in hyper-growth, with a proven business model and riding on a mega-trend. Working closely with global management, the ideal candidate will be able to further develop their commercial acumen and work on an important mission.
Responsibilities will include:
- Drive and act as a subject matter expert within food related legislation, and be the legal sparring partner for countries and Global Management
- Drive and support our countries in matters within Marketing and IPR law, Employment and labor law, food related regulations and Corporate law issues as well as local law – act as main point of contact for relevant legal issues
- Manage internal and/or external stakeholder relationships within legal, compliance and risk management, including building working relationships with external Counsels
- Gatekeeper on GDPR and company law compliance
- Strong sparring partner in M&A
- Responsible for insurance policy and for ensuring the right Insurance programs across countries at all times
- Primary owner of all legal aspects of launching new countries
- Support the continued development of collaboration, knowledge sharing and process optimization within Legal, including documenting legal processes and work output in legal knowledge management tools
Your skills should include:
- Legal law school/university degree at Master level
- Minimum 10 years of (postgraduate) global experience from in-house or private practice, preferable within food business
- Preferred a proven track record in food legislation and food authorities’ management
- Strong experience from leading a compliance department in a company with international presence
- An appetite and ability to learn new skills as well as the willingness to learn and following through on tasks
- Highly collaborative and curious mindset with a “can do” approach
- Previous experience working with national law enforcement authorities in one or more countries within EMEA Region
- Some travel must be expected, likely not to exceed 30 days per year
- Full professional proficiency in English, additional European languages are a plus
- Passion about saving the world and building a great business to do so
What do we offer?
- A rare chance to develop your profile as a business lawyer for a young company in hyper-growth
- Space to develop your ideas and your career in an international environment
- Autonomy and proximity to our global management team
- Being part of a company with a strong mission, full of passion and with the ambition to change the world
How to apply?
Upload your cover letter in English and your CV. We are hopefully reading the resumes of our future colleague, and we want to make sure you're a perfect fit. So make sure you tell us everything you can about yourself and how great you are!
The deadline is “the sooner the better” - we are screening applications on a rolling basis and will close the position once we found the right person - don’t lose out, apply as soon as possible!