3-Ingredient Zero Waste Scones
Got some past-its-best yoghurt in the fridge? Then you’re halfway towards some delicious scones - and the best part? You can save perfectly edible yoghurt from going in the bin.
- 1 cup of Greek yoghurt
- 1 cup of self-raising flour
- Optional: milk
- Note: If you have more or less yoghurt to use up than 1 cup, just adjust the flour to match
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Mix the yoghurt and flour together until fully incorporated. If the mixture is too dry or too wet, add more flour or some milk accordingly.
- Press the scone mixture flat until it’s about 1cm thick, then cut the scones into triangles or rounds. Space them out on a lined baking tray, and using a pastry brush, brush milk over the tops.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the scones are risen, golden, and cooked through.
- Enjoy with jam and cream.