About us, our imagery, and what we’re doing to fight food waste.
- ALDI IRELAND AND TOO GOOD TO GO LAUNCH NATIONAL PARTNERSHIP TO TACKLE FOOD WASTEFebruary 1, 2023
- New study finds Irish adults will spend 31% more on food this Christmas compared to last yearNovember 23, 2022
- Food waste on the decline amidst rising cost-of-living in Ireland, new study findsSeptember 29, 2022
- Too Good To Go, The World’s Largest Anti-Food Waste App, Arrives In KildareAugust 10, 2022
- Too Good To Go saves over 100,000 bags of food from going to waste in IrelandJuly 8, 2022
- Too Good To Go Brings Food Waste Solution To Limerick, Marking Its 4th City In IrelandJune 10, 2022
- Sophie Trueman appointed as UK and Ireland Managing Director at Too Good To GoApril 25, 2022
- New survey finds two thirds of Irish adults are not aware that fighting food waste is the number one solution to fighting climate changeApril 20, 2022
Maddie Allan, Head of PR & Communications
Too Good To Go has an ambitious goal: to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste.
The problem is simple: too much food is being thrown away. It happens at stores and in households, from fresh sandwiches sitting in rubbish bags behind cafes, to uneaten vegetables tipped into bins at home. It’s all delicious, made to be enjoyed - but it’s getting wasted instead.
At the same time, food waste is putting the planet under enormous strain. Entire forests are cleared to grow produce that will never be eaten, and scientists have discovered how food releases harmful greenhouse gases when it’s disposed of unsustainably.
It raises the question: why are we throwing so much food away?
That’s the question several entrepreneurs around Europe - from Paris to Copenhagen to Leeds - were asking when, in 2016, they joined forces to create Too Good To Go.
Too Good To Go is a social impact company driving a movement against food waste. Our app is the world’s largest B2C marketplace for surplus food. The app connects users with businesses that have surplus food, so that this food can be enjoyed instead of wasted. Users get delicious meals at a great price, businesses reach new customers and recover sunk costs, and the planet has less wasted food to deal with - it’s a win-win-win.
At Too Good To Go, we believe that sustainable options should be easy and fun. They should make the planet a happier place, and they should be accessible to everyone.
We also believe that, despite how big and complicated it is, food waste is a problem we can solve together. That’s why we’re working with changemakers across society - from politicians to schoolchildren - to drive a movement that puts an end to the world’s most senseless problem.
By saving meals through Too Good To Go, you’re powering the force for change. A planet with no food waste is a better place to be. And together, we can make it happen.