- SAN DIEGO COUNTY WELCOMES THE LAUNCH OF TOO GOOD TO GOJuly 13, 2023
- SAVING FOOD AND MONEY IN MIAMI JUST GOT TASTIERJuly 13, 2023
- PLANET SAVING APP "TOO GOOD TO GO" LAUNCHES IN LOS ANGELESJuly 13, 2023
- TOO GOOD TO GO PARTNERS WITH NOT FOR PROFIT, FOODCYCLE LOS ANGELES, JOINING FORCES IN THE FIGHT TO ELIMINATE FOOD INSECURITY AND SURPLUS FOOD WASTEJuly 13, 2023
- EVERYTHING IS BIGGER IN TEXAS: TOO GOOD TO GO ANNOUNCES STATEWIDE EXPANSIONJuly 11, 2023
- A YEAR IN IMPACT - TOO GOOD TO GO BECOMES CARBON NEUTRAL+ AND CELEBRATES 100 MILLION SURPRISE BAGS SAVEDApril 4, 2022
- TOO GOOD TO GO NAMED ON THE TIME100 MOST INFLUENTIAL COMPANIES 2022March 30, 2022
- TOO GOOD TO GO BRINGS FOOD WASTE SOLUTION TO CHARM CITYNovember 1, 2021
METTE LYKKE, CEO
As our CEO, Mette leads a team of 1272+ talented Waste Warriors in inspiring and empowering consumers and businesses alike to take action against food waste. That's more than 14 million registered users across Europe, who have collectively saved 20 million meals to date!
In 2007, before joining Too Good To Go, Mette co-founded fitness community app Endomondo, with the mission of making fitness fun. The app sold to American sportswear brand Under Armour in 2015, and now has more than 30 million active users across the world.
Mette is driven by business with a larger purpose, and building teams of talented people to make things happen. She regularly speaks on issues of food waste, leadership, entrepreneurship, business for good, and navigating the world of start-ups and scale-ups.
40% of edible food in the US is wasted, or the equivalent of a full midsize SUV every second. This contributes to 10% of all global greenhouse gas emissions and $1.2 trillion worth of food. In other words, if food waste were a country it would be the third largest emitter of greenhouse gases.
Too Good To Go helps everyday people fight food waste in their local communities by connecting them to restaurants and grocery stores with surplus meals and ingredients through an app. Once registered, users can choose from their favorite local spots to pick up meals like sushi, or ingredients like apples and avocados for a third of the normal price. This presents a win-win-win solution in which consumers get great food, store owners no longer throw away delicious surplus, and we, together, help the planet by reducing waste.
Founded in 2016 in Copenhagen, and now in 17 countries, Too Good To Go saves more than 100,000 meals every day.